No. 1732 ~ THIRTY – THIRD SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
SUNDAY MASS TIMES
Holy Rosary: 6.00 pm
St Eugene’s Moneyneena 7.30 pm
St Eugene’s Moneyneena: 9.00 am
St Patrick’s Sixtowns: 10.00 am
St Columba’s Straw: 11.00 am
Holy Rosary: 12 noon
DAILY MASS TIMES FOR THIS WEEK
Holy Rosary Church
Monday ~ 10.00 am and 7.30 pm Tuesday – Friday ~ 10.00 am
St Columba’s Church Straw
Wednesday ~ 7.30 pm
Friday ~ 7.30 pm
Before the Vigil Mass
Fr. Peter Madden PP VF
40 Derrynoyd Road
Fr John Downey CC
36 Moneyneena Rd
Fr Dermot McGirr CC
50 Tobermore Road, Desertmartin
9 High Street Tel: 79628248
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
9.00 am – 3.00 pm
Friday 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
Wednesday ~ Closed
All notices for the Bulletin should be received by 1.00 pm on Wednesday. firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpline telephone number: 07710838050
All Masses in the Holy Rosary Church are transmitted live on the parish website:
FEASTS OF THE WEEK
Wednesday 21: The Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This feast celebrates Mary in her grace-filled life , wholly given over to the Holy Spirit.
Thursday 22: St Cecilia, patron of music and musicians.
Adoration in Holy Rosary on Monday 19 November following the 10.00 am Ma ss until 7.25 pm. Mass at 7.30 pm.
BOOKS OF REMEMBRANCE
During November Books of Remembrance will be in each of the churches for parishioners to enrol the names of their deceased loved ones.
We extend our prayerful sympathy to the family and relatives of :
Sally Conway, Belfast,
Andy Bradley, Canada,
Paul mcKeever, Portglenone.
First Anniversary: Brendan Brunton.
Mary Quinn, Rosa McCloskey, Elizabeth McEldowney, Sarah Quinn, Eileen Donnelly, Patricia Heron, Seamus McKenna.
MONTH’S MIND MASS
Reece Kelly, Mallon Villas, on
FIRST ANNIVERSARY MASS
Brendan Brunton, Mulnavoo, on Saturday 17 November in St Eugene’s Church, Moneyneena at 7.30 pm.
DO THIS IN MEMORY 2018 - 2019
First Holy Communion Preparation Mass will be celebrated next Sunday 25 Novemebr at 12 noon in Holy Rosary Church.
Do This in Memory Masses will also be celebrated on the following dates:
16 December 2018, 27 January,
10 March, 14 April and 23 June 2019.
All Primary 4 children and their families are warmly invited and encouraged to attend this family and parish focussed programme.
First Sunday of the month:
Holy Rosary after 12 noon Mass
Second Saturday of the month:
St Eugene’s Moneyneena at 3.00 pm
Fourth Sunday of the month:
St Columba’s Straw at 3.00 pm
St Patrick’s Sixtowns: By arrangement.
A baptism card is to be completed when booking a baptism. Please contact the Parish Office to book a baptism.
LAST SUNDAY’S COLLECTIONS
Priests’ Collection: £3256
Church Renovation Collection: £1556
Many thanks to all who contributed.
PARISH ANNIVERSARY MASS
Friday Mass at 7.30 pm in St Columba’s Straw is offered as an anniversary Mass for deceased parishioners. If you wish to have your loved one prayed for at this Mass you MUST give their name to the Parish Office before Thursday of the relevant week.
· Advent Day Retreat, Saturday 24 November, 10.00 am – 4.00 pm, with Deirdre Ní Chinnéide: ‘Listening for the Light’. £30, including lunch. To book, or for more details, call 00 35394 9375355 or email email@example.com .
· All-Night Vigil, 7 – 8 December Confessions from 10.00 pm; Vigil starts at 12midnight, with Rosary, Stations of the Cross and Holy Hour with Fr Brendan Walsh SCA. Concelebrated Mass 4.00am Chief Celebrant His Excellency Archbishop Okolo, Papal Nuncio. For further details, visit www.knockshrine.ie
ANNUAL DERRY DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGE TO LOURDES
Pilgrimage from 4 - 9 July 2019. The Pilgrimage Office, 164 Bishop Street, Derry, is now taking enquiries and initial expressions of interest from anyone who might intend to participate in it. Christmas Vouchers (which may be given as a gift to someone wishing to participate in the pilgrimage) may be ordered. Pilgrimage Office opening hours: Thursday and Saturday 11.00 am–1.00 pm.
BALLINASCREEN CREDIT UNION
Annual General Meeting tomorrow, Monday 19 November, at 8.00 pm in Apparo Restaurant. The annual report for the past year will be presented followed by supper. Once again, Ballinascreen Credit Union has had another quite successful year. Make the Credit Union your first call for savings, children’s deposits and loans. Euro Exchange Service and Oil Club exist as does a very successful bank lodgement service for members. Members attending the Annual General Meeting on Monday will have the opportunity of winning one of ten prizes of £50.
ST EOGHAN’S PRIMARY SCHOOL
Open Night on Thursday 29 November at 7.30 pm. Come along to see what we have to offer and meet the teachers.
‘Preparing today's children to be tomorrow's answer.’
ROME / TUSCANY PILGRIMAGE
Seven nights from 18 June 2019, flying from Dublin. Pilgrimage includes Assisi, Pisa and Florence. Spiritual Director ~ Fr Brian Donnelly. Guide ~ Kieran Troy. Cost £1,090 per person sharing, single room supplement £280. Price includes guided tours and most meals. Contact Downe Travel: phone 44613288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANNUAL CRIB FESTIVAL
At Thornhill House, 121 Culmore Road, Derry, 23 – 25 November. A lovely way to start our focus on ‘Christmas’, especially appealing for families with young children.Open Friday 12.00 noon – 6.30 pm
Saturday and Sunday 10.30 am – 6.00 pm. Proceeds in aid of the work of Thornhill Ministries. For more details phone 71351233 or email email@example.com
SIXTOWNS CROSS COMMUNITY GROUP
Christmas lights switch on at Sixtowns Hall on Friday 30 November at 6.30 pm. Please arrive in good time to allow for parking etc. Live music in the hall, craft stalls, arts activities for the children, balloon modelling and face painting. Santa will have a gift for each child. Tea, coffee and refreshments available. Admission £2 per person, under 2's free. Thanks to Mid Ulster District Council for their support.
IÓGA DO THEAGHLAIGH ~ YOGA FOR FAMILIES
Glór na Speiríní will provide a taster yoga class for families on Saturday 24 November and 1 December, 2.00 pm-3.00 pm in Backrow. Cost £8 for 1 week or £12 for 2 weeks per family. If there's a demand for this class,it will resume in 2019. For further information contact Conchúr email firstname.lastname@example.org
An introduction to ‘Centering Prayer’ on Saturday 1 December in Clooney Hall, Clooney Terrace, Derry, 10.00 am - 4.00 pm. No cost, but participants are asked to bring a packed lunch, tea/coffee provided. For more information please contact Janice 07734417824 or Wendy 07724429125.
SPECIALIST JOINERY MAGHERA ~ FESTIVE FAMILY FUN DAYS
Enjoy a day of festive family fun all in aid of charity. Included within ticket is 3 hours of unlimited access to Wonderland (fun fair, carousels, bouncy castles, arts and crafts, farm machinery display, live entertainment, Santa Experience, gift from Santa and voucher for food fayre with food choices from 4 different continents.)
Event on Saturday 8 December (3.00pm) and Sunday 9 December (10.00am / 1.00pm / 5.30pm) , Project Santa and Specialist’s Christmas Wonderland is being held at Specialist Joinery Group Coleraine Road, Maghera. Please support. Tickets available via -https://projectsanta.eventbrite.co.uk
· New Term of Music Making. Spaces available for 1:1 drums, guitar, piano, violin and bodhran. Samba Band – new members welcome. Age 6 years and over.
· Free Reminiscence Film Screenings and live music at Ballinascreen Fold.
Monday 19 November 1.00 pm ~ The Quiet Man,
Monday 26 November 1.00 pm ~ Calamity Jane,
Monday 3 December 1.00 pm ~ National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
Tuesdays 20 / 27 November and 4 December Music 'Old Favourites' with Paddy Nash at 10.00 am.
Contact Glasgowbury for more details 79628428.
ST MARY’S HALL DESERTMARTIN
· Tea Dance Friday 30 November. Music by Sweet Dreams
· Cookery Demonstration: Take the stress out of Christmas cooking, tips and ideas by professional Chef Mark on Saturday 8 December, at 12 midday.Admisson £4.00.
· Crochet/Knitting Thursday 7pm – 9 pm
· Sewing classes Friday 7 pm – 9 pm
· Yoga Mondays 10.30 am - 12 noon
Please contact Olive on 07887614094 to register for any of the classes.
ST COLM’S HIGH SCHOOL
£30~ Danielle Cushenan, £50~ Kenny Donnelly, £100 ~Niamh McGeehan.
Collector’s Prize: Nicole Kelly.
£30 ~Harry Larkin, £50~ Kieran Devlin
Collector’s Prize: Aoife Frain.
ST COLM’S GAC
· 400 Club Winners: £300 John Kelly, £50 Benny Kerr, £50 Kerry Archibald.
· Extra Time, a hilarious stage play by Mark Shields staring great local talent on 30 November, 1 December (sold out) and 2 December. Tickets on sale in Club Shop Friday 7.00 pm -8.00 pm and in Heron’s Gift Shop. Tickets can now also be purchased online, please check out Club’s Facebook and Twitter pages for link to purchase
· Club Annual Dinner Dance in Clubhouse on Saturday 24 November. food by Arbutus Tickets on sale in Club Shop Friday 7.00 pm – 8.00 pm, Heron’s Gift Shop or online.
· Ulster Minor Club Hurling Tournament Final 1.00 pm Dunloy(Aontroim) v Kevin Lynch HC (Doire). All club stewards are asked to be at the Club for 12 noon today Sunday 18 November.
· Members’ AGM on Monday 3 December at 7.30 pm.
POPE FRANCIS @PONTIFEX
Praying means knocking at the door of a friend.
God is our friend.